Grab the holy water, a crucifix and some snacks because Zak, Aaron, Billy and Jay are back in an all-new episode of Travel Channel’s Ghost Adventures tonight at 9PM.
In the season 14 premiere, the guys travel to Guthrie, Oklahoma to investigate the Stone Lion Inn, a 1907 Victorian mansion converted into a bed and breakfast. The inn’s owner, Becky Luker, has been accused of witchcraft, satanism and performing unholy rituals in a local cemetery. Just like previous seasons where the investigations have become darker and more intense, this premiere episode promises to keep in line with the new standard for Ghost Adventures but this time, “it’s personal.” You’ll have to watch to find out exactly what that means.
In the meantime, here are a few suggestions on how to prepare for tonight’s premiere:
- MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A TWITTER ACCOUNT. The guys live tweet during the East coast airing of new Ghost Adventures episodes. Use #GhostAdventures and you just might get a response or retweet from Zak, Aaron, Billy or Jay.
- WATCH EPISODES FROM PREVIOUS SEASONS. If you are a long time fan of the show, chances are you have DVDs of the early seasons (and maybe even the original documentary). If you don’t, you can purchase your favorite episodes on VUDU, Amazon Prime Video or iTunes with prices ranging from $1.99 to $2.99 for individual episodes or $9.99 to $24.99 for whole seasons or volumes. Travel Channel will air a few older episodes before the new one premieres but it might be a good idea to check out episodes with lighter, comedic moments. Suggestions include the episodes featuring Longfellow’s Wayside Inn (Valentine’s Day Special), Rocky Point Manor and Lava Hot Springs Inn.
- HAVE SOMETHING ON HAND TO SNUGGLE. If you plan on watching the show in the dark, you might want to have something nearby that you can snuggle with–like a stuffed animal, a pillow, a blanket, a furbaby or a significant other. Whatever you choose, hopefully it/they will comfort you during the more intense moments of the show.
- HAVE YOUR SNACKS AND BEVERAGES READY. Whether you are having a viewing party with family and friends or watching alone, have your snacks and beverages ready beforehand. You can go with movie theater-type snacks, like Red Vines and buttery popcorn or opt for the healthy snack route with veggies and fruit. If you are watching with a group of friends (all over 21), you can always lighten up the mood and play a Ghost Adventures drinking game–take a drink or do a shot every time someone says “Bro” or “Dude” or any time Aaron bumps into something.
- PROTECT YOUR SPACE. If you are worried about any spirits entering your home during the show broadcast (hey, you never know what could happen), there are simple ways to cleanse and protect your home from a spiritual standpoint. You can use sage, palo santo or incense–like frankincense and myrrh combined, copal, sandalwood, cinnamon, dragon’s blood, gloria or African violet. You can light a white candle (for peace, purity and to bring love and light into the home) or a black candle (for protection and to block negativity). You can sprinkle holy water, Florida water or rose water around the room/home. You can call upon Archangel Michael for protection (they sell angel and saint candles at the grocery store). You can pull out a rosary or if you have one, a St. Benedict cross or medal. Black Tourmaline crystals also have protective qualities when worn or placed close by. There is no need to go out and buy all of these items just to watch the show; these are merely suggestions for concerned audience members (and come in handy if you should ever meet one of the GA guys in person and give them a hug).
Again, these are all merely suggestions to help prepare for your viewing experience. In the same respect, there are a few things you might want to avoid such as watching The Exorcist (or any horror movie) beforehand, playing with a Ouija board, taking a stroll through an abandoned/presumably haunted building in your neighborhood or partaking in a blood ritual before 9PM. If you avoid such things, you are guaranteed to survive tonight’s season premiere.
The all-new episode of Ghost Adventures airs tonight on Travel Channel at 9PM.